Dear Friend of Rotary,
As you know, the Rotary Club of Collingwood South Georgian Bay has postponed Taste of the Town 2020. Historically this local food and drink extravaganza has brought people together to celebrate local restaurants and support the Club’s local and international charitable initiatives. Unfortunately there were a number of challenges to holding the event this year, but we will be back in 2021 for the 18th time!
This event could not have been successful for 17 years without your participation and is our Club’s largest fundraiser.
SUPPORT our RESTAURANTS
Over the years our local restaurants have been extremely supportive of Taste of the Town. We all know that times are tough for them. You can support one of our local restaurants by ordering a meal with curbside pick-up. There are so many varieties of food, so go for it! We would appreciate if, when ordering, you could mention this email.
SUPPORT ROTARY SGB
Rotary has been a significant partner in many charitable aspects of our community.
Recent local charitable initiatives include:
• Funding for scholarships at our 2 high schools and Georgian College
• Sponsorship of Junior Achievement (financial literacy in grade 7/8), RACE Against Drugs (grade 5), Kids Feeding Kids (Youth Centre)
• Funding of educational programs for challenged youth at Home Horizon & Georgian Triangle Humane Society
• Providing funds to renovate a bathroom at My Friends’ House
• Subsidizing children to attend sports programs like girls’ hockey, tennis and canoe club
• Supporting programs in the arts like Blue Mountain Foundation for Arts & SGB Music Foundation
• Supporting Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Career Adult Special Learning, Hope Haven and Christmas Day Feast
• Supporting a local company to produce Face Shield masks in the current Covid-19 crisis
For further information about our club, go to www.rotarysgb.org
As a friend of Rotary you can continue to help us support these charities by going to www.rotarysgb.com and clicking on the “DONATE NOW” button. All donations are tax receiptable and would go a long way in allowing Rotary SGB to continue our good work in the next difficult year.
Thank-you for your continued support!
Stay safe and stay well.
Best wishes from the Rotary Club of Collingwood SGB
Lakeside Seafood and Grill
The Larder featuring Men With Knives
Gustav Chophouse and Bar
Thornbury Bakery Cafe
Loco Por el Asado
Collingwood Sweet Shoppe
The Hungry Sumo
The Potato Factory & Taps
Copyright © 2021 Rotary Club of Collingwood - South Georgian Bay : All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Rotarian J.R.(John) Saul 9/21/2021